Monday 10 April 2017

THERE'S STILL GOOD IN THIS COUNTRY


ANY woman will tell you – her purse is her life. And Priscilla Tedder recently lost hers.
When she left the Coffee Lounge, Ms Tedder accidentally left her purse on the bonnet of her car, between the windshield and wiper blades. As she turned at the circle in Scott Street, Scottburgh, the purse became dislodged and fell to the ground.
“Initially, I thought that I had left it at the Coffee Lounge but when I went back to check, they told me that I had taken it with me,” said Ms Tedder. “They played me the security footage and it showed me leaving with my purse.”
Panic set in as she and friends went in search of the purse along the roads she had travelled. After three hours of searching, it was still nowhere to be found.
“When I got home I noticed that I had received a message. Who messages me on a Sunday? I thought.”
It was then that she noticed she also had seven missed calls – all from the same number.
Before calling back, she checked the message.
“I felt concerned and relieved at the same time – concerned because the person who messaged me had my purse, and relieved that he wanted to give it back to me.”
Ms Tedder contacted the man, who suggested that they meet at Scottburgh Police Station. A bit concerned about meeting a stranger, she asked her son Paul to accompany her.
Mr Khathi soon arrived and introduced himself.
It turns out Good Samaritan Musa Khathi, the principal of Zamani Primary in Braemar,  had been walking along Scott Street when he picked up the wallet which was filled with cash, cards and sundries.
Explaining the decision to return the purse to its owner, Mr Khathi said, “I thought to myself, what if this happened to me?”
Mr Khathi found Ms Tedder’s contact details on her pensioner’s card.
Overjoyed about being reunited with her purse, Ms Tedder added that she even took it to bed with her that night, scared that she would lose it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment